Monday, October 29, 2012

Hate to Wait?

I have never been a fan of waiting,but I doubt many people actually enjoy the waiting game. I thought once I was retired waiting would get easier for me as I wouldn't be as pressed for time,but it got worse. I have known this about myself for a long time,but it really got driven home to me Friday. I was just returning from my afternoon walk when I noticed the rear passenger side tire was low,now mind you I have nothing with me but my drivers license, a credit card, and my cell phone so I am not exactly equipped for any long term waiting. I got some air in the tire and saw the hole where the damage was and headed across the bridge to the tire shop to get the tire repaired. Why the tire shop is always swamped is another mystery to me...it seems like if is that busy all the time,which it is,that they would either add on to the shop and hire more people,or another tire shop would open up to compete for the tire business. I told the desk person what the problem was and also asked for them to check the tires for wear as long as I had it out there. (Keep this in mind) After about 45 minutes they finally took my rig into a bay,after about another 15 minutes a guy came to talk to me,he told me that they couldn't fix the tire because the tire on the front driver's side was worn to the point of needing replacing and by law they couldn't work on any tire until that one was replaced. At this point I need to include the fact that I am hypoglycemic and had no snack with me and no change to buy one,that is if I wanted chips or cookies,which I didn't,so I was beginning to get shaky and crabby and knew if I didn't get a snack soon I would also be looking at a headache. It is not making sense to me what this guy is saying,but finally it sinks in and I tell him to just put a new tire on the front and fix the one in the back because I really need to be on my way. So off he goes again after adding that I would probably need an alignment because of the uneven wear on the front tire,so I make an appointment for this morning and wait another hour. I go in for the alignment this morning which was yet another hour out of my life and when it is complete the guy asks me if I want an estimate for replacing the rest of the tires. I am pretty sure at this point my mouth must have fallen open, I said "I need 3 more tires?" he said yes and I said I specifically asked the tires to be checked the last time I was in and they said only the one in front needed replacing and now I would be forced to wait at least another hour when I came back in to get the other three tires. It wasn't his fault of course,but I think this is the last time I will go there unless they allow me to babysit my rig and tell them step by step what I want done,which of course they won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment