Monday, October 22, 2012

Semi-Steamed

I think I have mentioned in the past that I don't watch a lot of TV,there are really only two 1/2 hour shows that I enjoy enough to bother with. One of those shows comes on at 12:30pm and is Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. I usually tune in a little early while the noon news is still on and listen while reading to see if anything interests me enough to watch. Today after playing the noon news,they promptly played it again at 12:30,the exact same show! Needless to say I was a bit steamed,why play the same news over back to back? Never mind for those who want to watch news there are channels devoted solely to the news that can be viewed anytime of day. Then good old serendipity stepped in again...I happened to be reading about how TV programming worked and if an affiliate runs shows that are not part of the network programming,they get a greater share of the money from the commercials. So there you have it,once again it boils down to greed,it has absolutely nothing to do with what the viewing audience wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment