Friday, August 9, 2013

It Gets Worse

Earlier in the week I asked a question of Oregonians on my Facebook page about the Health Care Survey. I wanted to know if any one of my acquaintances had received one in order to figure out why I had received one and determine if I would participate in the survey. First off it seems to me that since the survey is about the Oregon Health Care Plan they would be better off asking question of the people under the state health care plan...and what could my health have to do with that??
Next on my list of objections to State Health Care is why on earth are they advertising it on television?? Wouldn't the money they are spending for those spots and the production of those spots be much better spent for the care of the people dependent on it? I have a friend that lives near the state capital that is on Oregon Health Care and she couldn't even get glasses through them when her's were broken. Stop me if I'm wrong here,but isn't a person's vision part of their general health? and if not isn't it better for everyone concerned that people that drive have the tools they need to safely do the task? Not to mention walking and shopping and many other activities that would be impaired without needed vision correction. And why exactly are they advertising it in the first place? A few years ago a local hospital was doing advertising and I thought that was also money misspent since you don't really choose the hospital when you need one.
Before I get sidetracked any further allow me to put the frosting on the cake. I missed the first survey call,they left a message saying who they were and etc. Are you ready for where they were calling from per caller ID?? Norfolk,VA! That's right they couldn't even do the service of hiring Oregonians to conduct an Oregon survey. I don't know how anyone else feels about this whole mess,but I am in a state of general disgust.
Oregon's great  seal - click to see all state seals

No comments:

Post a Comment