Sunday, March 20, 2016

Evolved Much?

I have mentioned in the past how the news seems to dwell on the negative and wondered why the public thrived on the blood and gore offered up on a daily basis. It just so happens that I found the answer last week,but immediately forgot where I had read it. Today I found the same information online from several sources and will now pass it on. I will start by assuring you that you are not imagining the negative news,bad new reports outweigh good news by about 17 to 1. Now for the why. Our brains evolved in a hunter/gatherer environment where anything novel or dramatic called for immediate attention to insure survival. While we no longer need those same survival instincts the negative tripwires in the brain are more sensitive than the positive tripwires. Personally I could go days if not longer without hearing bad news and not miss it in the least.


No comments:

Post a Comment