Thursday, March 3, 2016

Now I'm Mad!

Maybe I'm just a naive sucker but I assumed the different tributes sports teams paid to the military were done solely out of patriotism. Not the case,though a few are done at the different teams expense most are funded by the Department of Defense,yes that's right our tax dollars! Sadly that also includes things like the National Anthem being sung pre-game,on field color guard ceremonies  and honorary ball throw ins,and also includes not only professional sports,but collegiate sports as well. Did I mention an amount yet? How about $6.8 million over the last four years? The team who profited the most in the NFL was the Atlanta Falcons at $879,000 followed by the New England Patriots,Buffalo Bills and Baltimore Ravens each receiving $500,000 for allowing our service men and women to be honored at their games, Excuse me,but don't they make enough money anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment