Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Penny Saved

Ally Bank had a good idea with their lucky penny contest but I'm not sure it will hit the intended mark. The campaign involved hiding 100 lucky pennies worth $1,000 each in 10 US cities (Austin,Texas;Charlotte,North Carolina;Chicago,Detroit,Denver,Los Angeles,Miami,New York City,San Diego,and Washington,D.C.) with the idea of getting people to look at money differently and inspire them to save no matter the amount. I think most people ignore money if they see it on a sidewalk or in a parking lot especially pennies. I used to pick up change when I came across it but then I decided I should leave it for the homeless to find,but after observing several homeless people with their signs asking for help walk right by change on the ground I'm thinking I might as well gather it up since no one seems to think it is worth their time.

Birds eye view of penny jar overflowing

No comments:

Post a Comment