Saturday, March 9, 2013

Go Ahead and Jump

The TV commercial with a guy jumping on a trampoline has confounded me since I first noticed it. At times commercials can be more entertaining than the shows that they interrupt,and you know when you have viewed a successful ad because you remember what it was for and at times are left with a good feeling for that product. Not so with the guy on the trampoline. Even after seeing it several times I had no idea what the ad was for,I had only picked up more clues that didn't solve the mystery. The man returns a cat to a young girl in the next yard,she starts crying and says,"the cat has been gone a year,how did you find him?" The guy says,"new trampoline". At that point I would start mentally reviewing the commercial to figure out what I missed, and miss them flashing K-Mart on the screen. I had to go to You Tube to find out that it was a K-Mart ad,as I had either missed that part or it didn't stay with me. It is entirely possible that it is some kind of attention deficit on my part,but if it were my advertising dollars I would want even people like myself to at least know who the advertisement was for.
Another interesting,but unrelated trampoline story: Police in Australia apprehended a suspected thief they were chasing when the thief jumped over a fence and landed on a trampoline in the neighboring yard which propelled him back int the waiting policeman's hands. A successful trampoline tale!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment