Saturday, March 30, 2013

Not Just Fiction

Among my varied reading interests,murder mysteries seem to be a common thread with many of the authors. Although I enjoy being able to figure things out before they are presented,it also is a disappointment and I tend to feel somewhat cheated. It seems as though I am once again veering off track so down to the meat of the subject!
After reading about this real life Murder Club,I find myself wondering if there are other such clubs? The Vidocq Society (pronounced Vee-dock) is an exclusive crime solving organization that meets monthly at the Union League of Philadelphia. The society is named for an 18th century French detective. They apply their collective forensic skills and experience to "cold case" homicides and unsolved deaths. As a public service the professionals and private citizens donate their talents to solve cases officially brought to them.
What a mental challenge it would be to participate in a group solving "cold case"crimes...they also enjoy gourmet meals at their meetings!

Union League of Philadelphia


No comments:

Post a Comment