Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Oh Hail!

Last night the final Jeopardy question was one I knew. What I didn't know up until then was that "Hail To The Chief",the Presidential Anthem, was of Scottish origin. This made me think that out of all the American musicians there must be a choice that could be credited to our own country. So I started compiling a fun little list,please feel free to make your own additions. Some groups had more than one song I thought would work,and as you read through the list I would like you to mentally picture the ceremonial Presidential entrance set to these tunes: ZZ Top "Sharp Dressed Man","I'm Bad,I'm Nationwide","Got Me Under Pressure". Aerosmith "Same Old Song And Dance", "Walk This Way","Back In The Saddle". Tom Petty "I Won't Back Down","Runnin' Down A Dream". Steve Miller Band "Living In The U.S.A.","Fly Like An Eagle". The Eagles "Life In The Fast Lane". I am bringing this brief list to a close with "The Boss" Bruce Springsteen "Born In The U.S.A." Have fun making a list of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment