Friday, March 22, 2013

Ram Charged

Chalk it up to cultural differences,but when I first read about this I was fairly certain it was a joke. I don't know what all Iceland exports,but one item is ram penises. They routinely ship tons (approxamately 50,000 ram lambs to yield 2 tons) of penises to China where the meat is considered a delicacy. I'm not sure how many ways there are to prepare ram penises,but in Asia they are often deep fried. Having never tried this particular dish I am not speaking with any actual knowledge,but would there be enough meat to be worth the bother? Seems to me it would be somewhat like a turkey or chicken neck only without the bones. If there are any authorities on this cuisine please let me know,I have many questions about the ins and outs of penises...if you will pardon the pun!
sheep-roundup2007_esa

No comments:

Post a Comment