Monday, March 11, 2013

Pick-a-Pope

This is one of those rare occasions where I almost...almost wish I was still working. We used to bet on everything. Not the standard things most people bet on,like ball games,our bets seemed to vary off the beaten path into less traveled territory. One of our regular running bets was who amongst us was most likely to snap,for the most part we all had a turn at that dubious honor. But I digress,my intended topic is about when rather than who the cardinals will chose to be the next pope. It is every bit as political as any election,maybe more so in some respects. Rather than trying to single out one out of the pack of 115,I would like to bet how long it will take to chose the next pope. The longest papal election took nearly 3 years,but modern conclaves usually take a matter of days since the whole point is a quick decision. I also wouldn't mind betting on whether resigning will become a trend. I believe this was only the second pope to have resigned. I would be reluctant to take a job I had to hold until I died,but I never claimed to be holy!
 Let there be white smoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment