Friday, October 4, 2013

Comply?

For those regular readers today's blog may sound somewhat familiar,it is about two separate,yet related items. I will commence with the one that doesn't directly involve me in hope of not taking up your time with my ranting. Yesterday on the news they reported a Comcast scam that has been making the rounds. It is the old phishing scheme,trying for your account number and password but with a twist they are threatening arrest...flashback to the movie "Compliance", people are responding with the requested information. Hopefully since it has been on the news people will think twice and make a call to verify the billing instead of handing their identity over to these thieves. Now for my up close and personal brush with corporate bullying,back in mid-September my rig was hit while parked,I was told about it by witnesses when I returned from a walk. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I called to verify that their insurance would be sending the check in time to pay for the repair (it is scheduled to go into the body shop 10/7) and the run around went into overdrive. I won't go into all the gory details and take up the rest of your day,but I will say this,if they think for one instant they can intimidate me into paying for the repairs and rental car,they are in for a rude surprise!
The Hartford

No comments:

Post a Comment