Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Say It Isn't So

I watched a movie the other day that was the scariest movie I have ever seen,you might be thinking it was a horror movie or one of several genres that are known for frightening folks,but those types of movies rarely scare me. The movie I'm talking about was "Compliance"(2012) and it was inspired by actual events. The story unfolds when the manager of a fast food restaurant receives a phone call from a man identifying himself as a police detective. He tells the manager that a female employee working the counter stole money from a woman's purse,and he wants the manager to search her. Before I spoil the entire movie for those of you who may want to view it for themselves,I won't go into any more detail,but just with the basic outline wouldn't most people question why the police weren't handling the problem instead of involving the manager? What scared me was the thought that there are people willing to obey authority without question,even a voice on the phone,what else might these people be told to do and blindly obey? The crime depicted in this movie was not the first of its kind,over 70 such occurrences had been reported from 1992 until the incident portrayed in 2004...now that's enough to give a person nightmares!
Caught on camera: CCTV of Louise's ordeal

No comments:

Post a Comment