Monday, October 21, 2013

What's In Your Drawers?

I recently read that the reason most naked male statues are missing their penises is that the Catholic church was feeling pressured and lopped off the offending members and replaced them with fig leaves. The part I couldn't verify or disprove is that there is a room where the dismembered members are numbered (according to which statue they belong to) and stored in drawers. At the risk of sounding crude the picture that came to my mind was snooping through someones nightstand and coming across another type of disconnected penis. I have been to Italy,but not to the Vatican,so if anyone has toured the Vatican and can either confirm or debunk the story of the penis drawers,I would love to know!
And this guy even has his fingers,so it was not wear and tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment