Friday, October 18, 2013

Creepy

I received an email from a friend this morning about a company that was making leather items out of human skin. My first thought was,NO WAY,that couldn't possibly be legal. Not only is it legal,there is such a demand for their products they aren't currently taking orders until they can produce and distribute the current orders placed by their existing customers. Their products include: belts,wallets,shoes and other accessories such as bracelets. The prices range from $14,000 to $27,000 with customized pieces rising above those amounts. They obtain the skin from people who have bequeathed their skin to the company prior to their death (it would be hard to do after their death!),their surviving relatives are then paid for the skin. The skin from the back and the stomach are the prime areas,being the largest pieces. I only wish I could have made myself wait until Halloween to post this!

No comments:

Post a Comment