Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Done to Death

I might be the only one that is fed up with all the Vampire shows on TV as well as the movies,I say give it a rest,or maybe that should be RIP? I think the current trend started with the Twilight series and from there things got out of hand,but it may have had a foothold long before that. I was on vampire overload after the 2nd movie of that series and almost walked out of the theater during the 3rd one,and have not had the desire to finish that series. It isn't that I have anything against vampires,it is more about the lack of creativity of the writers, for TV in particular,they grab hold of an already overused idea and try to make it their own,but in my opinion all they succeed in doing it beating the subject to death (which is a difficult task when the subject is already dead,or maybe that should read undead?). Perhaps this is what the viewing audience is demanding? It is entirely possible,but it seems to me that even the most avid vampire fan would come to the point of saturation. An interesting question I have about the vampire trend is when I heard a little girl telling her mom she wanted to be a vampire for Halloween,what does that mean to a kid in these times? Is it the classic vampire image or one of the more current vampires which other than being exceedingly pale mostly resemble any other person on the street?

1 comment:

  1. This year I'm all about the Zombies.

    http://books.google.com/books/about/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies.html?id=OcJxiMt2mTcC

    ReplyDelete