Sunday, November 8, 2015

Bear With Me

For some reason as I was working on yesterday's post I remembered recently reading a list of Yogi Berra quotes,perhaps because they're almost as funny as cartoons. That thought led me to another,was Yogi Bear named after Yogi Berra? So here we are with today's subject. The answer is mostly yes although Hanna-Barbera claimed it was a coincidence when Berra threatened a law suit. His given name was Lawrence,he acquired the nickname Yogi from the was he sat like an Indian holy man while waiting his turn at bat. With that question out of the way I will move along to some of Yogi's lesser known malapropisms aka Yogi-isms.
"We made too many wrong mistakes."
"Always go to other people's funerals,otherwise they won't come to yours."
"Pair up in threes."
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"Never answer an anonymous letter."
"I don't know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads."
"I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four."
150923_BB_BerraBear
Baseball Hall of Famer Yogi Berra, pictured, survived D-Day and went onto win 10 World Series medals

No comments:

Post a Comment