Sunday, November 29, 2015

Evil Genius or Comedian?

I don't know about everyone else but I find the spork to be a worthless utensil since it is neither a spoon nor a fork it doesn't perform either function well. I also thought it was a fairly recent invention but it has been around for centuries and was first patented in 1874 by a physician,novelist,philanthropist and general all around guy. Not only was he responsible for the spork patent he also invented many other oddities such as a literary piano which was a typewriter that looked like a piano,but my favorite of his inventions was self opening coffin. The idea for the coffin was if someone were buried alive they could release a catch that would open the lid...not sure how well that would work if you had 6 feet of soil on top of you but I thought it would be a great gag item for funerals of known pranksters!



No comments:

Post a Comment