Friday, November 6, 2015

Who Taught Whom?



In the past I've mentioned my unusual cat,he is a big boy (19 lbs. down from 20 lbs.) he follows me around like a dog would and though he puts on a tough guy act he really isn't, in fact he walks on eggshells around my other cat who is only half his size. He joined a fight club for about a month they met everyday from 8-5. He kept with it... until he got beat up. As a hunter he has bagged a young rat and a adult mouse,he made the mistake of fighting another cat over ownership of the mouse and received a ripped ear as further proof of his gentle nature/lack of fighting skills. Yesterday morning brought another unique aspect of his personality to my attention. We were on the porch surveying our kingdom and I heard a cat meow,I thought it sounded like Bo but since he was right next to me I knew it wasn't. I began systematically scanning the surrounding area for a cat wanting to make sure it wasn't in distress when I was sidetracked by a crow cawing. I looked up and two crows were on the line,one was making crow sounds,the other was meowing! I realize the crow learned to make the sound on its own instead of Bo teaching it to meow but I was none the less stunned by the entire affair. I only wish I had my camera in hand so I could have made a video,though I am not certain the meowing crow was loud enough to have been picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment