Saturday, January 30, 2016

Crazy Gauge

When I read about the unboxing craze I thought it was a lead in to a joke,but when I found out it was a real deal my crazy gauge started beeping like...well,crazy! I just couldn't grasp the entertainment value of watching someone open new electronics or unwrap Kinder Eggs or anything else for that matter,of course I also don't understand how the shopping channels put some people in a trance like state which induces them to spend money on things they neither want nor need. Apparently unboxing made its debut in 2006 with a Nokia E61 but didn't really catch fire until 2010. The only attraction that I can imagine is if some insight was offered on how to open some of the packaging that is so difficult to get into,but alas that isn't part of the show,just opening the item and going on ad nauseam about the details of the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment