Saturday, January 9, 2016

Na na na na na na na na na na na na Catmaaaan!

An interesting note before I get started with the subject for today,there are eighty na's in the famous Batman song,but today I am featuring Catman,not Batman. I call him Catman because he is the only person to have had two cats in the Guinness World Records for oldest cat. His first entry was for Granpa  Rexs Allen who lived to be 34 years and 2 months,not to be out done by Granpa, Creme Puff lived to be 38 years and 3 days. When asked the secret for his cats longevity he has an unusual list of what he thinks is the Kitty Fountain of Youth. Their daily diet consists of a top dry commercial cat food,a home-cooked breakfast of eggs,turkey bacon,broccoli,coffee with cream,and every two days about an eyedropper full of red wine to keep the arteries clear. He also stressed the need for stimulation,he converted his garage into a home movie theater where the cats watch nature documentaries,and last but the most important lots of love. My cats would look at me like I was crazy if I offered them any of those things,but his vet said there might be something about the coffee acting as a diuretic that contributes to their long lives,as kidneys are a feline weak spot.
Catman and Granpa
Creme Puff

No comments:

Post a Comment