Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Racecar

Today's title is one of the better known examples of a palindrome (a word or sentence that reads the same backwards and forwards). I don't know when I first became aware of palindromes but since that time I have discovered that there are palindrome competitions where the audience judges the worthiness of the offerings by holding up signs that say "wow" or "huh". There is also a magazine called the "Palindromist" dedicated to all things palindromish. Since I am a lover of puzzles I think I will try my hand at creating palindromes,however I'm not sure how a person would go about checking if someone had already used the same words in a palindrome. I will leave you today with a short but clever palindrome. "Lapses? Order red roses,pal." There is also one that is a take on the Mary had a little lamb rhyme,but it would make this post a  little longer than I like them to be,as I strive to keep them short enough to not take up too much of your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment