Tuesday, January 26, 2016

People Are Strange

When the song "People Are Strange" was released in 1967 The Doors had no idea how normal things were then,of course they could have been talking about being drugged to the gills rather than everyday strangeness. I have mentioned in the past that I feel politically correctness is getting out of hand and today I am going to offer further proof of my suspicions. A group of San Francisco residents are concerned about calling thieves criminals as it is too harsh and dehumanizing. The suggestion was to refer to the thieves as "the person who stole my bike,or bag"...seriously? The more I hear the picayune arguments about politically correctness the more I understand why people are resorting to violence! Don't get excited I was only exaggerating,not to unlike the over exaggerated campaign for political correctness. End of rant.
Is it politically correct to call thieves criminals?
Don’t Call Thieves ‘Criminals,’ Says San Francisco Resident

No comments:

Post a Comment