Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Not a Joke!

While I was preparing yesterday's post my brain suddenly wanted to know if giraffes get sore throats. I haven't a clue what made me think about either giraffes or sore throats as I didn't have either. I wrote myself a note so I wouldn't forget and here we are today with the answer! Yes they do get sore throats as most ungulates are prone to Foot (hoof) and Mouth Disease,and as with most mammals they are susceptible to bacterial infections both of which would indicate a sore throat. Can you imagine having a sore throat if you were a giraffe? We are talking some serious yardage for pain,in fact there are even jokes about giraffes and sore throats,but don't despair,I'm confident that they know just the things to eat to soothe and heal their throats when they do become sore,and hopefully they take a few days off from their normal diet of thorny branches.


No comments:

Post a Comment