Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Run For the Suds

When I heard about beer races I thought I had either misheard or it was some sort of spoof. I couldn't imagine an event where athletics and alcohol were mixed, not to mention how something like that would get insured in case someone were to drop from their efforts. I was really off base on this one,there are beer races around the world! It is my understanding that the most common race is the mile which is split into quarters equal to one lap on a track. They start the race by downing a beer then run the lap, down another beer and so on until the mile is completed. There are also longer races but they seem to hold off on the drinking until the running portion of the race is over. If it were me running a beer race I would maybe make the first lap then when I received my second beer I would be ready to sit down and shoot the breeze with the closest available person,race be-damned!
Image result for pictures of beer races


No comments:

Post a Comment