Monday, August 29, 2016

Vertically Challenged?

I guess I will never understand the lengths people go to to alter their appearances. Limb lengthening surgery isn't new. A Polish man by the name of Ilizarov developed a technique in 1950 to help people who were born with one limb shorter or had been in an accident,he never intended the procedure to be used cosmetically,but that is exactly how it is being used today. A Florida doctor does around 650 limb lengthening surgeries a year at $85,000 a whack. Not only is it a high price to pay it is excruciating and takes around 3 months to add around 3 inches,oh did I mention it can also cripple a person?  I'm of average height so it is entirely possible that I am discounting the severity of being vertically challenged,but will stand by my opinion that I would not opt for it regardless of how tall I wasn't.
Legs in lengthening braces
Patients recover after undergoing limb lengthening surgery.

 PHOTO: A New York man who goes by the name Apotheosis underwent two costly surgeries to "grow" six inches.
An x-ray showing the progress of limb lengthening surgery in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment