Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Backwards

 Yesterday I made a trip to Portland other than just to the airport. I can't say I was shocked by the amount of homeless camps as I figured it had to be bad considering the population of the city but I was heart sick to see all those people living in those kind of conditions. I don't know why we can't take a lesson on homelessness from several European nations who have little to no problem. They simply supply them with homes then from those homes they can begin to get their lives back together whether it be addressing an addiction,rejoining the work force or getting mental health issues cared for all of which are nearly impossible to attend to with no home or way to be contacted reliably. Though the very worst part is the people who see fit to shame city officials over their handling of the crisis because it offends them to see the trash and general eyesores created by the camps. These are the same people who claim to support veterans who often make up a large percentage of the homeless,these same people are also the ones who offer their prayers over various catastrophic events. I'm sorry but for some reason I think those prayers lack sincerity and guess what else? They aren't helping. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment