Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Common Scents

No,I didn't mean common sense! I read about the Demeter Fragrance Library who makes unusual scents, some of them seem kind of wacky,but the part I like was that they don't last long and are not strong. Nothing quite compares to choking on a persons perfume,especially in a dining situation.
The following is a partial list of some of the 400 (not sure of the exact amount) fragrances offered: Clean Skin,Daisy,(so far nothing to far out there) Dirt,(it is said that Clint Eastwood uses this) Earl Grey Tea,Holy Water, (does holy water smell?) Laundromat, (whether of dirty clothes or smelly soaps and softeners,I will pass on this one!) Moonbeam,Ocean,Quince,Rain,Salt Air,Thunderstorm,Funeral Home,Jelly Belly Collection, Crayon,Leather,(this one I would like) Paperback,Play-Doh,Sushi,Snow and the list goes on. I didn't find one for one of my favorite smells,freshly mowed lawn,and though a couple might qualify for the smell after a rainstorm, I wanted to add the word for that smell is Petrichor. That wonderful smell is created by an oil that is released by plants during dry periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment