Friday, January 18, 2013

Warnings

I believe in the past I mentioned about how silly some of the government required warnings are,and how whatever this country needs it is not more federal involvement in our day to day activities. Now for the flip side of that coin, I have to admit that my first thought (as I was choking on a drink of coffee due to a Dave Barry book I am reading) was some of these funny authors should have warnings at the start of their books. Imagine how they would be worded...CAUTION: Do not consume neither food nor drink while perusing this volume,may be choking hazard! Do not read in public! All the comedy writers I have read have their own ways of sneaking up on you with the kind of lines that should come with warnings,so you never really see them coming until tears of laughter are forming in your eyes,which at that point you can't see them coming because everything becomes a watery blur.
Does today's blog have a point? Yes,laughter is good for your health and is being studied in relation to several diseases. It has recently been found that Alzheimer's doesn't develop in people that have a good sense of humor,the same plaque is found in their brains,but doesn't create the same results as it does in those with a less hardy sense of humor. So keep on laughing,it is good for your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment