Saturday, April 8, 2017

Poop Privilege

This idea is sheer genius! A zoo in China is making some extra money by offering an educational experience, for $145 a person can be a polar bear keeper for 3 hours once a week. Before a person can participate they must undergo a health check and a training session. Once they began work they can prepare the bear food,feed the bears but the main duty is cleaning up the bear poop. This made me wonder what polar bears are fed in captivity since their preferred diet of seals is presumably missing,what I found out is they get seal meat whenever possible but are generally fed mackerel,chicken and a variety of other meats. In the wild they only eat every 4-5 days as a seal will hold them for around 11 days. I think if I were to take part in a similar program I would rather be around giraffes or zebras since they aren't carnivores.

Image result for pictures of polar bears
Image result for pictures of polar bears

No comments:

Post a Comment