Wednesday, August 19, 2015

No Violins

First thing on the agenda today is to explain how the title is fitting and apt. Before I retired we had morning meetings whenever a supervisor (read stupidvisor) was in town,the subject of one of those meeting was "Violence in the Workplace",when the supervisor was done reading the memo on violence I couldn't resist asking how would we ever be able to perform a decent rendition of "Kashmir" if we couldn't have violins in the workplace...those pesky supervisors never did have a sense of humor. Another huge issue at that time was sexual harassment (no I didn't ask if it would be graded!). But I am digressing once again,what I am trying to get to is the current VW commercials with the older women (who happen to be related) where they are clearly sexually harassing the men. Don't get me wrong,I think they are as funny as can be,but I can't help but wonder how they made it onto TV...or did we change back to pre-sexual harassment days and no one sent me the memo?


No comments:

Post a Comment