Monday, August 10, 2015

Wiped

Today's post is something that has been bothering me for some time but since I only see the commercials in question in the evenings I forget about them until the next evening,except today I remembered! I am talking about two annoying toilet paper ads,one if for Scott Natural, I'm not sure why taking the cardboard roll out of the center qualifies it to be called "natural" as I'm sure it has to go through the same toxic processes as the other brands,but perhaps they didn't get the memo that the center roll can be recycled so it wasn't really an issue to remove it. The second commercial is the one for Cottonelle stating that if you use their brand you will be clean enough to go commando (wear no underwear). Stop me if I'm wrong but what does toilet paper brand have to do with how clean your butt is after you wipe? They imply that people using other brands are walking around with dingle berries on their asses! I guess the whole issue with the tissue boils down to me being old and crabby!
Kimberly-Clark Corp. says the simple step of removing the centre tube  in its Scott Naturals bathroom tissue could eliminate a large chunk of 17 billion tubes thrown away each year
Scott Paper Co. was the first bathroom tissue maker to insert a cardboard tube into the roll, back in 1890
Cottonelle Go Commando ewww 2

No comments:

Post a Comment