Saturday, January 7, 2017

Life Skills

Every time I hear about how kids should be taught life skills in school,such as sewing on a button,balancing a checkbook,changing a tire and the list goes on, I wonder why they aren't learning those things at home?  I'm not really defending the teachers but with all the time kids spend out of school it pretty much limits them to learning the three R's at school. Apparently the parents expect everything their children learn is going to be taught outside of the home but I learned all of those skills outside of school as I believe most people my age did. I often wonder what kids today think about when chicken parts (breasts,thighs,legs) are on offered sale,do they assume that there are different kinds of chickens that grow only breasts,or thighs,or legs?  Next time I'm around some kids I hope to remember to ask them about the chicken they like best or better yet what that chicken looks like.
Image result for pictures of sewing buttons
Related image
Image result for pictures of chicken meat

No comments:

Post a Comment