Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Parking / No Parking

First off today I like to occasionally thank my continuing readers and welcome new readers,I have noticed  more people in France reading along. I don't care if you laugh at me,or laugh with me, the important thing is to laugh. Also for those of you who may wish to comment,I would love to hear from you but I don't get comments unless you are a follower of the blog,or read from my Facebook page.
Today is about parking as indicated by the title (okay,the titles don't always relate to the subject directly but I usually get around to tying it in somehow). I heard on Millionaire that the department store Babies "R" Us has privileged parking spots for expectant mothers,and I wondered how that would work? Considering that most of the shoppers would be pregnant women how could all the spots be select? And how could they tell if a woman was pregnant...I mean she could not be showing yet,or on the other end of the scale could be obese, but either way how would they know? Women of non-childbearing age need not apply.
Now for the no parking portion of the blog...I live on a hill which is great for the most part, good view and secluded, of course the drawbacks are the possibility of a slide and getting down the hill in winter weather. Today the neighbors are having a city lot that has overgrown laurel trimmed down to enable their view I was happy to see that they were only topping it and not taking it out completely as the roots play an important part in preventing slides. The people they hired to do the trimming arrived this morning in 3 different rigs (3 people) 2 of these rigs were crew cab pick-ups the 3rd was a king cab. This is a narrow dead end street with limited parking but instead of parking 2 of the rigs in their employers driveway and one along the side of the road they parked all 3 along the road,one of which is still blocking another neighbors garage. First of all it indicates poor business sense for them to bring 3 rigs for 3 people (the equipment would have easily fit into any one of the rigs) and it just seems rude to assume they can take over the better part of the street when they could have just as easily parked one rig in a safe spot that would not have hindered our local traffic. I don't know maybe I am just getting to be a complainer,but things like that tend to get under my skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment