Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Half-Baked

If I were still using song titles for my blogs I would have used "Crazy Train" for today's. It was written by Ozzy Osbourne,Randy Rhoads and Bob Daisley and was released on September 20,1980.
I don't want to beat this spider thing to death,heaven forbid, it is bad luck to kill spiders! But an alert reader (as opposed to a comatose reader) wondered how they got the spiders high on the various drugs that they introduced to them. My best guess is some kind of contact,whether they sprayed it on their pre-drugs web or just a surface that they were certain to end up on or maybe even the spider itself? I am relatively certain that they didn't pass out miniature drug paraphernalia and tell the spiders to go for it,but what do I know? Since I am back on about the webs,the ones on my porch look like a game of cat's cradle gone seriously wrong.
Ever notice how more on drugs,or even moron drugs sounds almost like war on drugs? Okay,I am getting off my point,and I do have one. I was reading a book set in Florida and the Baker Act was mentioned which is like the involuntary psychiatric hold for 72 hours in the rest of the US states,but I guess with all the extra crazies in Florida state they needed a special name for it? It made me wonder why that didn't work for me when my friend was going down the tubes and her husband had the final say on having her committed,from what I gathered anyone close to the situation can initiate the hold. Oh well,it is too late for her now. Something to file away for possible future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment