Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Leg To Stand On

Normally I'm not a neurotic person but apparently I am making an exception this time. I was feeling pretty smug when I read about a simple test to determine the likelihood of stroke or dementia in your future until I actually tried to perform the task and discovered what I could once easily do,I could no longer manage to do. The test involves standing on one leg for 20 seconds,go ahead I know you want to try it...so how did it go? I don't know when I lost the ability to stand on one leg but the most I have been able to manage so far is about 10 seconds,and I can't make myself quit trying because I am in severe denial! Maybe it is part of the cold/allergies I have been battling for the last week? I hope so,I'm really not ready for either of the other alternatives. Memo to self: do not read about medical stuff!
When you're sleep-deprived, the connections between different brain functions become slow or skewed
Our sense of balance is based on three types of information: visual, feedback from your joints and muscles and from the inner ear

No comments:

Post a Comment