Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Instructions on the Heel

I don't know why it is that I have been finding weird sports in the last few weeks,I swear I'm not doing much different from my regular things,oh well,it's kind of fun to hear about what other people do for entertainment. This sport even has its own international rules,which can be seen at the International Boot-Throwers Association (IBTA) site,I won't go into the rules here as they are extensive.  Boot throwing started as a professional sport in Finland in 1975,it became an international competition in 1992. The current world record holders are both from Finland,the men's record is 68.3 meters,the women's record is 49.35 meters. This sport is one of several unorthodox sports that have originated in Finland,that makes them either really creative or really bored!


No comments:

Post a Comment