Monday, November 14, 2016

Mentally Taxing

After the election I made the comment that I guessed I didn't have to pay my property taxes anymore. I guess I lied because they are in the mail,but after saying that I have been obsessively reading about different ways of dealing with the payment of taxes,unfortunately I still have no clue how a "person" gets by without paying any tax but it's okay as I don't mind paying my share. With all that said one tax story I found interesting took place in Texas. The 27 year old man went into the courthouse to pay his $600 property taxes in one dollar bills,which isn't unheard of as well as paying with coins as both are legal tender,but this man ended up being arrested as he had folded the bills so tightly that it took 6 minutes to unfold a single bill. Still it didn't seem like a problem because it is still legal tender,right? Where his plan hit a snag was when he refused to leave without his receipt and they wouldn't give him a receipt until the money was counted which they figured would take 60 hours. I was unable to find the final results of this particular tax fiasco,but it makes a person mad when the little guy can't get by with a minimal protest yet the rich can get by without paying a penny. I will quit now before I get further into a full blown rant!

Image result for pictures of people paying taxes with coins and dollar bills
Image result for pictures of people paying taxes with coins and dollar bills
Image result for pictures of people paying taxes with coins and dollar bills

No comments:

Post a Comment