Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Readers Rejoice!

I think I can safely assume that those of you who read my blog  also engage in other types of reading,if so I have good news for you! Recent studies have led researchers to conclude that reading books (e-books were not included in the study) extends your life by around two years. In a twelve year study of 3,635 participants over 50 the people who read more than 3.5 hours a week regardless of gender,wealth,education or health enjoyed a slightly extended lifespan. Hooray for sedentary activity! Of course my first thought was"I wonder if I've already used up my 2 extra years?"I should also mention the reading benefits do not apply to reading periodicals and my guess as to why that would be the case is the news can be stressful though the researchers didn't back up my theory,in fact they failed to mention a reason at all.

Article Image
Image result for pictures of people reading
Image result for pictures of people reading

No comments:

Post a Comment