Friday, February 17, 2012

Fiction/Non-Fiction

On my last trip to the library I picked up a non-fiction book by a suspense/murder mystery author that I read. I can hardly believe that her life is so funny considering what her chosen genre is for her fiction writing. Okay,so here is where it gets a little weird. You may remember if you are a regular reader that recently I wrote a blog about how I was a kindred spirit with a fictitious person in a book that is set in the future? Well this autobiography I am reading is so much like things I think about and do I actually wondered at one point if she had somehow tapped into my mind when I read her fiction books,I know that sounds crazy but let me give you a couple of examples. I bought some pistachios to snack on and I started thinking back to when they used to dye the things a kind of hot pink/magenta color and wondered what the idea had been behind that...I mean it made them messy to eat as it made your hands take on the color,never mind the health issues that would be looked at in present times. In this book she talks about being nuts for nuts and how getting them out of the shell is part of the nut eating experience and yes,refers to the days when pistachios were dyed,though she remembers the color as being red. It doesn't end there,she started wondering if she is an animal hoarder after watching a show about it (she has 2 cats and 5 dogs) she decides she isn't because the guy the show was about wore a baseball cap and she doesn't,but then she touches on that instead she is a book hoarder and has at least 1,000. I wasn't worried when she was talking animal hoarder as I only have the 2 cats,but when she said book hoarder I inwardly cringed,though I have never counted I am sure I have well over 1,000 and as of yet have not made the leap to a Kindle as I really like books...not just for the stories but for themselves! There have been several more eerie parallels,but I think I have taken enough of your time on this subject for today. Maybe the problem will be solved if I just stick with fiction?

1 comment: