Sunday, February 5, 2012

Not About Football

I used to love football,and sports in general but over the years they were ruined for me with all the commercialization,they were no longer about sports and you had to spend hours to see what you wanted to see. This is also a big part of the reason I don't watch much TV. I realize that the commercials is what pays for the whole she-bang but I just don't have that kind of patience.
Today is a kind of flight of ideas blog. It has been said that flights of ideas is a sign of mental illness,but hey! You knew that about me before today.
First of all when I was waiting with my groceries at the U-check a younger guy,somewhere in his 30's I would guess, asked for my help with his Roma tomatoes,no problem talked him right through it,then when I was on my way back from the store I realized that incident had made me feel like I must exude an air of competence and wasn't sure who was further from the truth,me or the guy that asked for my help!
The next thing on my mind is something I see all the time and have always wondered about. I always see big rigs,vans and the giant crew-cab pickups with only one person in them,and I wonder if they just ran out without the rest of the crew,or if they always drive around alone in what I assume to be gas hogs,and never mind the parking issue! The flip side of that is the smaller the vehicle,the more people that are in it...sometimes it looks like a clown car at a circus when you see the amount of people getting out. So is this an economic thing or and ego thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment