Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pennies

The other day on Who Wants to be a Millionaire there was a question about the new design on the back of the penny. I had totally missed the fact that they were redesigning the penny as I rarely use cash, I do however stop and pick up pennies on my walks,if for nothing else they are supposed to be good luck.
The four new designs are to celebrate the bicentennial of President Lincoln's birth,as well as the 100th anniversary of the Lincoln cent. They started circulation on February 12,2009 and were issued at about three month intervals throughout that year,the backs all depict stages of Lincoln's life.
In another article I found yet another new design for the year 2010. Apparently I have been asleep at the wheel for some time to have missed all the changes in our one cent coin.
The Lincoln Kentucky pennyThe Lincoln Indiana PennyThe Lincoln Illinois PennyThe Lincoln D.C. Penny

1 comment:

  1. As it now costs 2.4 cents to make a penny and the Fed is discussing no longer minting them we may want to collect a few of these special interest pennies.

    ReplyDelete