Thursday, February 9, 2012

More on Superstitions

In a book I am reading it was mentioned that peacock feathers brought into a home were bad luck. I had never heard this before so I had to investigate.
In several places around the world it is considered extremely unlucky to have peacock feathers in the house,they are believed to bring loss,misfortune,and even illness and death. Another superstition says peacock feathers in the house makes old maids. Other thoughts on these feathers are that the beautiful eye-shaped markings on them makes them associated with the evil eye.
In yet other cultures they are considered protective.
I ran across several blogs claiming they had been given peacock feathers and had bad luck until they disposed of them. I have never had any first hand experience with them,but after reading about them I don't think I will decorate with them any time soon.
finepea.jpg (13992 bytes)

No comments:

Post a Comment