Saturday, July 25, 2015

24 Million Addicts

Internet addiction is becoming a huge problem,in fact in China there are an estimated 25 million addicts and the disorder is known as "electronic heroin". They have even recognized it as a disease and have 250 boot camps to help the web junkies who are mostly children who are taken to the centers by there parents. In May of this year a 21 year old man went on a 14 day internet binge and finally collapsed outside the internet cafe. He told a cleaning lady that he wasn't feeling well and wanted to get some food,he couldn't stand on his own so she helped him to the door. Once he was outside he fell to the pavement but when the paramedics arrived the only help he wanted was to get back to a computer! I thought I used the computer more than I should,but I am still eating,sleeping and keeping clean so I have a long way to go before I will be needing help!

internetaddict.jpg


Chinese man who collapsed after 14-day web binge begs paramedics to turn on his computer

No comments:

Post a Comment