Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hate Throughout History

Before I get started today I want to make it clear that I am not saying it is right to hate if that hate is sanctioned by the government,I am only pointing out the various times the government manipulated the masses with insidious messages resulting in hatred. During WWI sauerkraut was renamed Liberty Cabbage,same deal with the German Measles,they became Liberty Measles. Not even man's best friend escaped unscathed,German Shepherds became Alsatians and Dachshunds, Liberty Pups or Liberty Hounds. My question is what have we learned from history? It appears as though not much has been learned as we are still name changing,but are the changes really for the discriminated upon,or to confuse the discriminators?   Apparently it is too much to ask to learn from historical blunders which is partly the reason for studying history.


No comments:

Post a Comment