Friday, July 31, 2015

Doggie Downers?

I'm not sure where I stand on this,but I guess if researchers think it exists who am I to argue? I am talking about CCD or canine compulsive disorder. Even though technically dogs can't obsess as we humans think of it, they claim one in fifty dogs display symptoms of CCD. Now here comes the tricky part...indications of obsessive behavior include,chasing their tail,licking one spot,or barking in a monotone for hours on end when there is nothing to bark about,but it only becomes obsessive when it offers relief from their anxiety and stress,then becomes a repetitive pattern. Well meaning owners often add to the problem by bringing undo attention to it. It is best to consult a vet to rule out medical reasons before looking for further help which sometimes includes the same type of medications used on humans with OCD.

Beagle with Cone

No comments:

Post a Comment