Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Poke in the Eye

Both yesterday's post any today's have been products of being suddenly bombarded with the same theme from several angles,but yesterday's post was fun and today's is on the creepy side. I was idly wondering how they made the whites of the eyes blue for the movie "Dune" and thought it must have been something like a contact lens,which turns out to be mostly right. Next thing I know I am reading about eyeball tattooing which got started by a tattoo artist who was a "Dune" fan. Believe it or not the guy rounds up three people to have needles stuck in their eyes with no idea what will happen! No way would I sign up for that,I value my eyesight and would not put it at risk with an unknown procedure which,did I mention,is also permanent?? Opticians warn against it,but that hasn't stopped the trend from spreading,and of course prison inmates are getting in on the action and smuggling in makeshift supplies to tattoo their eyes. Oh well,I guess they were courting disaster before they decided to poke their own eyes out!
Jason Barnum
Kylie Garth with blue eyeballs
Image result for eye tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment