Friday, July 10, 2015

Another Band-aid

I fully intended to keep my mouth shut about the recent shooting in South Carolina but I find that I am unable to do that. For some reason this country seems to want to find a scapegoat in cases like these,and act like changing one small thing will end the murder and mayhem,in this case the removal of Confederate flag. I have no feelings one way or another about the Confederate flag but can't imagine why an inanimate object has been called upon to take the blame for the death of nine people. Maybe the flag should have been sent to a museum years ago,but would that have prevented the recent tragedy? Not likely. Nor will it stop hate crimes and racism in the future. The people who commit these acts are sick and as seems to be the case many of those people fall through the cracks and later end up in the headlines. I will let it go now that I got that out of my system. I'm sure it didn't do anymore good than the mothballing of the  Confederate flag. End of rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment