Monday, January 16, 2012

Cat Tails

No,not the plant that grows in marshy areas,the ones that are attached to felines. This morning as I was watching my two cats prepare for their daily war,tails switching like metronomes,I got to thinking about how their tails were used for a lot of expressions of their moods,so I decided it was time to check it out,the following is what I found.
A cat's brain is more similar to a man's brain than that of a dog. Cats have more bones (230) than humans (206). 10% of a cat's bones are in its tail ,and the tail is used to maintain balance. The domestic cat is the only species to hold its tail vertically while walking. The tail acts as an indicator of a cat's mood,and as a warning of intentions,thrashing or swishing might indicate agitation. A wagging tail on a sleepy cat indicates a content but still alert state. The "bottle brush tail" means the cat feels threatened and is ready to defend itself.
Cat's hearing is much move sensitive than humans or dogs. Cats hearing stop at 65 kilohertz,human hearing at 20 kHz. Cats can be left or right-pawed. This only scratches the surface but I didn't want to go off on a tangent with this when I started with the intention of what their tails were telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment