Sunday, January 29, 2012

Conch vs. Concho

I don't know if anyone will be able to follow how I got to today's blog,but here it goes. I was reading and came across the word concho but for some reason my brain told me it was conch,which was out of context with the rest of the sentence. I started thinking how close the two words were in spelling and wondered if they shared something I wasn't aware of. So off I went.
First of all you need to picture me in a dunce cap as I didn't know that conch was pronounced konk,never mind I have been to Key West and should have heard it said correctly,but I must have been absent that day.
Though a gastropod the conch doesn't move in the slow creeping motion as most gastropods do but jumps when it moves. Conchs have many uses,food,various decorative items are made from them and also they can be a horn providing you know how to blow it.
conch images Conchos are decorative usually round, silver objects used for making belts and several different articles of horse tack,and no I found no connection to conchs,but I have never been very good at the 6 degrees game.
                                                                     
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment